For guidance, problem solving, accountability and growth.
Building a high performance business can be a lonely experience. Leaders are often isolated from like-minded professionals and awareness of industry trends, new ideas and best practice.
A regular advisory board meeting is the most cost-effective way for us to share over 20 year’s of industry success secrets and help your company with important business decisions.
Navigator Consulting has worked closely with more than 60 recruitment and services business owners to provide this missing link through the facilitation of strategic planning, advisory boards and best practice benchmarking.
Some of the cost effective benefits of an Advisory Board include:
1. Access to experienced specialist expertise not otherwise available within the firm
2. Sharing of personal and professional networks
3. Increased credibility with prospective clients, investors and employees
4. Establishing accountability for individual action and progress
5. Providing a sounding board for new ideas and strategic planning
6. Enhancing the productivity and results of all team members
Key advisory board topics include:
Profitable growth strategies
Owner succession and satisfaction
Focus on what is important
Building a business for income or exit
Expansion into new markets
Competitor activity and response
Marketing strategies that work
Effective new business development tactics
Staff performance management and enhancement
Staff attraction and retention
Leadership and career development
Financial performance versus industry leaders
Benchmarking activities and financials
Quality control in operations
Accountable action planning
If you are feeling a little isolated at the top and could use a regular sounding board, consider establishing an Advisory Board – it could be one of the most valuable investments you make for long term business performance and success.
Five key tips for setting up an Advisory Board
1. Establish the purpose and objectives of the advisory board up front
2. Keep them small and include people that complement your own expertise and make sure they have extensive recruitment industry business growth experience
3. Your advisory board member should have a track record of helping many recruitment companies and not just as speaker at industry events.
4. Schedule regular meetings with a fixed agenda on a monthly basis
5. Look at the cost as a valuable investment which should repay itself many times over.
Navigator Consulting is a Recruitment Industry specialist performance advisory firm founded by former EY management consultant Tony Hall in 1998.
For over 20 years, Tony has owned and managed five agencies and advised many recruitment agency leaders on critical growth, performance and succession issues.
For a no obligation discussion on how we can help you establish a low cost, high impact advisory Board please contact us anytime.
WE KNOW WHAT TO DO – BUT WE MUST DO WHAT WE KNOW.
Let’s Work Together
Get in touch so we can talk about working together.