Adding offshore recruitment resourcers to your team is great for:
- increasing billings
- retaining loyal consulting staff
- reducing the number of billing staff required
- reducing operating costs
- boosting productivity
- streamlining the recruitment process
- giving candidates and clients faster service
- preventing clients from recruiting themselves
For many reasons – legal, communication and financial – it is very important to use an external provider to recruit and manage your offshore workforce in the Philippines.
To get the very best results from your offshore staff:
1. Make your instructions very clear and ask the person to repeat back so there is no misunderstanding
2. Writing instructions in simple English often helps
3. As these staff are not in your office you need to communicate more than usual
4. Don’t assume you are understood – keep checking their work to make sure
5. Give regular feedback so they can adjust their work to meet your requirements
6. Feedback can be a combination of written and verbal
7. Be firm, friendly and fair in your management style
8. Don’t swear or get angry and avoid slang as they will laugh politely but not understand you!
9. Ask for a quick summary email of work competed at the end of each day and a action plan to cover for the next day so you can monitor workflow and progress
10. Give encouragement, small rewards and thanks regularly, especially if the work is repetitive
Please contact us for a confidential discussion on the proven benefits of offshoring.
CLIENT CASE STUDY
We asked one of our Sydney IT recruitment clients about his experience with offshore resourcing:
1. Why did you first investigate an offshore solution for your business?
We needed a Research capability after a review and subsequent restructure of our end to end consulting and delivery methodology. We knew the model was economical but had heard mixed reports about the quality of offshore research consultants and our in initial experiments with some suppliers reinforced this view. Persisting with this line, we were referred to two consultancies that supplied offshore based Researchers and found a brilliant candidate who has more than justified the exercise.
2. How successful has your offshore team member been?
Extremely successful, so much so that an offshore-based Research team is now central to our operating environment as we build more infrastructure around our Researchers.
3. What are the advantages of utilising offshore staff?
This is not a new market. Offshore locations like the Philippines and India house significant pools of Researchers with surprisingly sophisticated skills, knowledge and attributes, often with 10 or more years’ experience working for large, MNC’s both in-house and on the consultancy side. The equation is understandably good value from a commercial perspective with appreciably lower labour rates, the work ethic of the people we’ve chosen is second to none and they value their job more so than local Resourcers & Researchers who would cost a multiple of our offshore team to operate at similar performance levels.
4. What have you learned about how to get the best performance from your offshore workers?
Be very prescribed in what you want them to do, educate them on your market niche so they understand what constitutes a “great candidate” and set up a regime for daily contact as a minimum with an end of day report on their activities so you stay connected. Invest in training for them which they will appreciate and crave, include them in as many aspects of the business as possible so they develop a sixth sense for the business at large and reward them with occasional presents and surprises. A stuffed toy kangaroo that arrives in their mail box as a little impromptu “thank you” doesn’t sound like much bit it’s the thought that counts and they really appreciate such gestures.
5. Would you recommend Maya’s services to other recruitment firms and why?
Absolutely. Her referrals have been excellent, targeted and on script. She is respectful of our time and has also been flexible and responsive to any special requests. We’ve just hired our second Researcher through her, engaging her agency on an exclusive basis such was the confidence we now have in her.
(Kindly supplied by the owner of a boutique IT recruitment firm in Sydney)